By registering for, accessing and logging in to your account on the Capita Business Services Limited , trading as Capita Children’s Services (‘Capita’), customer Portal (“the Portal”) you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions which are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Please read these carefully.
These terms and conditions may be revised from time to time without notice. They were last updated on: 28 November 2014.
1. The Portal is provided for SIMS, SIMS Independent and Capita One customers, partners and staff only. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
2. When you register for an account you must complete a valid and accurate profile that includes an email address provided by your organisation, and which is kept up to date at all times. In certain circumstances, Capita may permit users to register with an email not provided by their organisation, such as a webmail account, however this will be subject to verification by Capita.
3. Your profile is for your use only. You must keep your login details private and secure and choose a secure password at least eight characters long, which should contain digits and punctuation characters as well as both upper and lower case letters. You must never disclose your user name or password to a third party.
4. Capita reserve the right to block access to or delete your account at any time, for example if the account has not been accessed for more than 12 months, your profile is not accurate or a duplicate profile, you leave the organisation for which you have been approved as a user or we believe your account is being misused.
5. When you register for an account you must associate your account with the organisation for which you currently work. You will not be able to access the Portal until your registration has been approved by the administrator of that organisation.
6. Each organisation is responsible for ensuring that either:
a. it has designated administrators who are able to approve within xx days whether users requesting access work for and can represent their organisation. Registration requests not approved within xx days will be escalated to Capita to bring to the organisation’s attention.
b. Capita is authorised to approve registrations on the organisation’s behalf.
7. The site contains areas such as forums, where users can post or exchange information, ideas and opinions. Such actions are collectively known as "Postings". Please be aware that Capita has no obligation to and does not exercise editorial control over information that users post to the site in such areas and such information does not necessarily reflect the views of Capita.
8. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Capita shall in no event have any responsibility or liability for the Postings or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this site.
9. Capita reserve the right to monitor all Postings and, at our absolute discretion, remove any which we consider to be offensive or otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions.
10. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all Postings you provide and all material they contain; that your Postings shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties; that your Postings shall not contain any viruses or other contaminating or destructive devices or features; that your Postings shall not contain any defamatory, indecent, offensive, tortuous, or otherwise unlawful or immoral material or content; and that your Postings shall not be used to carry out or solicit any unlawful activity and/or be used to make commercial solicitations such as advertising products, services or vacancies.
11. You hereby authorise Capita to use and/or authorise others to use all or part of your Postings in any manner, format, or medium that we or such other parties see fit. You shall have no claim or other recourse against Capita for infringement of any proprietary right in Postings.
12. The information on this site has been included in good faith but is for general informational purposes only. It should not be relied on for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given as regards its accuracy or completeness. Neither Capita, nor any of its affiliates, or employees shall be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising out of any access to or use of this Portal or any site linked to it including, without limitation any loss of profit or indirect, incidental or consequential loss.
13. Capita do not warrant that the information in this website is accurate or complete, or that we have checked it. Capita will not be responsible for checking that the information is accurate or complete, or for the consequences if any person relies on the information.
14. Capita are not responsible for the content of any third party links.
15. The Portal is copyright © Capita Business Services Limited 2014. All rights reserved. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images, sounds, software and other materials on this site are owned by Capita and affiliated companies, or are included with permission of the relevant owner. References to affiliates or affiliated companies shall include all members of Capita.
16. You are permitted to browse this site and to reproduce extracts by way of printing, downloading to a hard disk and by distribution to other people but, in all cases, for non-commercial, informational and personal purposes only. No reproduction of any part of the site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain, nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or site. No other licence or right is granted.
17. To access the Portal we recommend that you use a recent release of Internet Explorer (IE 10 or 11), Firefox, Safari or Chrome. We recommend that you do not use versions of Internet Explorer prior to IE9 to access the portal which are less secure and will be unsupported by Microsoft from January 2015. Other older browser versions should function but you may experience visual glitches.
18. Capita reserve the right to remove or stop the services provided through this Portal without notice.
19. On occasion Capita may need to take the Portal offline for upgrades or maintenance. Every attempt will be made to do this outside business hours. We may do this without notice but will endeavour to communicate when this is planned in the Portal or via the email address you have provided on your profile.
20. You can use your SIMS or One Account to log a support case with our Service Desk. The opening hours of our Service Desk are as follows. For more information, please refer to our customer charter.
|SIMS / SIMS Independent||One|
|Mon - Thu 07:30 - 18:00||Mon - Thu 8:30 - 17:30|
|Fri 07:30 - 17:30||Fri 08:30 - 17:00|
22. The Portal is provided without any express warranty. Capita are not liable to you or any other third parties for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect, including loss of profits, loss of opportunity or any consequential loss) resulting from or in any way connected with your use of the Website or its content, whether caused by negligence, misrepresentation, breach of any statutory duty, or breach of contract or otherwise.
Capita Business Services Limited, Registered Office: 71 Victoria Street, Westminster, London SW1H 0XA Registered in England no: 2299747
All trademarks displayed on this site are either owned or used under licence by Capita and affiliates.